1 / 4
The Waitomo Caves Discovery Centre hosts one of the best special interest museums in New Zealand and possibly one of the best cave interpretation centres in the world.
This must-see award-winning centre explores the above and below ground treasures of Waitomo by describing the geology, the development of caves, cave life, and limestone (karst) landscapes, as well as how caves are explored and local culture and history through modern and informative displays. There are hands on activities and a cave crawl for the adventurous.
The centre features a 20 minute multi-media show Arachnocampa Luminosa, another must-see experience for cave visitors that describes the life-cycle of the New Zealand glowworm.
Waitomo Museum of Caves, 21 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves, Hamilton - Waikato, 3943, New Zealand.
- 7 days a week. 26th Dec - 28th Feb: 8:15am - 6.30pm 1st Mar - end of Easter weekend: 8:45am - 5:30pm Labour Weekend (Oct) - 24th Dec: 8:45am - 5:30pm All other days: 8:45am - 5:00pm Open every day except Christmas Day
Anlagen und Einrichtungen
- Nähe zum Flughafen:
- 1 hour from Hamilton Airport
- Nähe zum Busbahnhof
- Directly across the road
- Nähe zur Stadt:
- Centre of Waitomo Caves village
Preise und Bedingungen
|Erwachsener||$0.00 - $5.00|
- Andere Gebühren:
- Free or discounted in conjunction with many cave tours. Call us to find out more!
- Weitere Preisangaben:
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. NZ schools rate $3.00 per head